Chaperoned Chores

Saturday mornings are chore days in our home. A general outline of conversation goes like this:

Daughter #1 “Where is the vacuum cleaner?”
Daddy: “It’s right behind you, dear…”

Daughter #2: “Can I be done…?”
Daddy: “As soon as you’ve cleaned your room and bathroom and vacuumed. How much have you done?”
Daughter #2 : “Uh, never mind”

Daughter #2: (in charge of laundry) “Dad, have you ever folded clothing?”
Dad: (rushing by on the way to somewhere….anywhere, else) “Yes…goodbye.”

Son #1 who is five: “I emptied all the trash. I’m done!”
Daughters #1 and 2: (in chaotic unison) “Not fair!” “Why do I have to do everything!” I do more than YOU!” etc, etc, etc, and….etc.

One of the children: "This doesn't look dirty."

One of the children: (sitting down) “Dad, could you help me do…?”

Wife: “I have an idea….”
Husband: “Uh…ok…uh…. I have to go fold laundry.”

Dad: (An hour and a half later) “Look at this place! Didn’t we just clean in here?”

Comments

Hey, I'm more chaperone than you are! And I'm still waiting for you to change the pink, mister!!

Popular Posts