Of pricks and pains


Our family took a Sunday morning respite at the near by Garden of the Gods here in Colorado Springs. The morning was flush with hikes, mate (MAH-tay, an Argentine tea) and rummy cube. My highlight was taking a hike with Elizabeth, my oldest daughter. I was sliding down the surface of a big rock and jumped near the bottom, landing rump first on a cactus. The cactus never knew what hit it. My butt print now adorns this plant and part of it remains with me...and in me. My fear is that some naturalist will see my butt plant and claim to have found a new species of cactus.

I rode home in the back of the suv, my rump squarely facing the world, and came home to soft pillows for my wounded pride.

Elizabeth is STILL laughing...

Comments

robsv said…
...and you were the one telling the girls to be careful scrambling in the rocks behind the house?

Popular Posts