flake fest

Today was a partial snow day. The weather forecast called for lots of snow on Wednesday and then snow all day Thursday. Well, Wednesday did not disappoint. There was lots of snow coming down, and most of it stayed for an accumulation of 3 or so inches. Today though, not a lick of snow dropped, nay, not even a flake. Colorado really pays little attention to weather forecasts. Being a western state it remains untamed in that way.

Wednesday’s flake fest did cause a two hour delay of school. That meant I could stay in bed and sleep. Actually, my day began when my son, at 6:30am, asked if he could get up. My day really began when my bladder, being untamed like Colorado, told me at 7:00am that it planned to get up, and I should follow. Bladders, for being so untamed, are predictable; they head towards the bathroom, or a tree, or to a spot where yellow snow would look nice. Bladders also have no patience with their host; that is why the world needs diapers….but I digress.

Our delay allowed for a pancake breakfast, some job hunting for me, and an eventual 10am shower. I’d like to do it again, but right now I need to go make yellow snow.

Comments

Popular Posts